Utah Insurance Requirements.
Continuing Education Requirements
A total of 24 hours of continuing education are required every two years, of which:
- 12 hours must be in the classroom or classroom equivalent type courses;
- 3 hours must be in ethics training; and the remaining 21 hours can be in any line of insurance.
Approved Course Delivery Methods
• Independent self-study online or written courses
• Interactive Online (Classroom Equivalent)
• Teleconference (Classroom Equivalent)
At least half of the total continuing education requirement must be completed through either live class or classroom equivalent courses.
The remaining hours may be completed through self-study courses.
Exams are open-book and a passing grade of 70% is required on final exams.
Course Subject Requirements
All agents must also complete 3 hours of ethics.
Carryover of excess credits is not allowed.
Credit will not be given for courses that are repeated within the same licensing period.
• A producer who has been continuously licensed, starting BEFORE 4/1/1978 may be exempt from taking continuing education. To qualify for exemption send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and license number requesting to be grandfathered.
• Producers holding and maintaining the following professional designations are exempt: CLU, ChFC, and RHU with the completion of the PACE program; CPCU with completion of the CRD program; and CFP, REBC, CIC, CPSR, ACSR, CISR, SOFE, or IRES with completion of their continuing education requirements.
CAPE will report credits to the UT Insurance Department within 3 days of course completion. At the end of the month, CAPE is reporting to Sircon daily.
A course completion certificate is provided for the agent’s record.
If you have any questions regarding renewal or credits, please contact:
State of Utah Insurance Department
State Office Building
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6901
CAPE Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 377
Newton Square, PA 19073
Or email us below