Hello, Pennsylvania Insurance.
This information is intended to provide answers to commonly asked questions by insurance agents. It is not intended to replace detailed information found in your state’s statutes and regulations. Though we have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information given is reliable and current, we cannot guarantee that it is. For more information please contact your state insurance department. See contact information below.
• Insurance Producers must complete 24 hours of CE credits biennially
• Resident and Non-resident Title agents must complete 24 hours biennially
Initial license effective date, biennially
Approved Course Delivery Methods
• Independent self-study online or written courses (passing grade of 70% required on final exam)
• Interactive Online
A disinterested 3rd party (i.e. someone who has no business or family relationship with the student) must monitor the self-study final exam.
Course Subject Requirements
Annuity Suitability - Effective December 26, 2018 - under Section 403.1-B of Act 48, producers must complete at least four continuing education credits in an approved annuity training course. All producers with the authority to sell annuities in Pennsylvania will need to satisfy this four credit annuity suitability CE requirement.
A maximum of 24 hours may be carried over to the next reporting period
Credit will not be given for courses taken more than once in each biennial reporting period.
• Insurance Producers continuously licensed since 12/31/1970, unless an additional line of authority was added after that date.
• Insurance Producers whose only line of authority is a restricted line
• Individuals exempted by the commissioner due to hardship or good cause such as a disability or medical condition
• Individuals who first obtained licenses without examination under Section 609(c) of the Fraternal Benefit Societies Code and whose appointments are limited to fraternal benefit societies
• Non-residents (except Title agents) are exempt if their home state has a CE requirement
• Title agents who are also attorneys and have completed their continuing legal education (CLE) requirement must only complete 3 hours biennially.
CAPE will report credits to Sircon within 3 days of course completion. A course completion certificate is provided for the agent’s record.
If you have any questions regarding renewal or credits, please contact:
Pennsylvania Insurance Department
Bureau of Producer Licensing
1326 Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120
P.O. Box 377
Newtown Square, PA 19073
Or email us below
• Knowledgeable Instructors
• No Final Exam
• Variety of Topics
• Online Registrations save 15%
• No Exam
• Evening classes now available! (6-9:45 pm ET)
• Live Classes on your Computer
• Convenient, Easy, and Affordable
No Test! Credits are Based on Attendance
• Localized Phone Numbers to Select from
• You may Participate or you may just Listen
• Participate from Anywhere you have Access to a Phone
• Take Courses on your Schedule
• Variety of Topics
• Convenient, Easy and Affordable