Hello, Alaska Mortgage Loan Originator.
x To comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, MLOs are not permitted to take the same CE course two years in a row.
|Cape School, Inc - NMLS Provider ID #1400105
Mortgage Education RequirementsThis information is intended to provide answers to commonly asked questions. It is not intended to replace detailed information found in your state's statutes and regulations. Though we have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information given is reliable and current, we cannot guarantee that it is. For more information please take advantage of the resource links below.
Special Notice Regarding NMLS ID NumbersAll MLOs need to have a unique NMLS ID number in order to have their course completions recorded in NMLS. You may obtain your NMLS ID Number and find other important information in the NMLS resource center. Click here to visit the NMLS resource center.
Mortgage Loan Originators Licensure Quick FactsAll existing Alaska Mortgage Loan Originators and new MLOs must:
• Register with the NMLS and obtain a unique ID Number
• Successfully complete an NMLS approved 20-hour pre-license course
• Pass an NMLS administered exam to qualify for licensure.
• Pass a national background check
Credit ReportingCape will report CE credits to the NMLS within 5 business days of successful completion of the course final exam. We MUST have your NMLS number in order to report your completion (see "Register with the NMLS" above).
Education RequirementsFor information regarding pre-licensing and continuing education requirements and deadlines, the NMLS mandates the following for Alaska: NMLS requirements for Alaska
Contact Information:If you are having trouble using NMLS or need assistance in using it, phone the NMLS Call Center at (855) 665-7123.
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing SystemState Regulatory Registry, LLC 1155 Connecticut Ave. NW Fifth Floor Washington, D.C. 20036-4307 NMLS resource center If you have a question concerning a state's licensing requirement or how to use NMLS to meet your state's licensing requirements, please click here:
Get your MLO license
20 credit SAFE Online Course packages starting at $249
Courses available weekly!
Pre-License Course Guarantee:
Cape School Pre-license Course GuaranteeSee Guarantee
Pass your NMLS exam or Cape will refund the $110 exam fee.
Our NMLS TestPREP exam simulator helps ensure you pass the first time.
Why Cape School?
- More than 36 years of experience in professional education
- We back our courses with the best guarantee in the business
- Friendly, knowledgeable customer service available by phone or email
- Orders shipped same day if received before 2PM Eastern
- Credits reported within 5 business days of completion
- Customer satisfaction is our top priority