Hello, Connecticut Insurance.
This information is intended to provide answers to commonly asked questions by insurance agents. It is not intended to replace detailed information found in your state’s statutes and regulations. Though we have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information given is reliable and current, we cannot guarantee that it is. For more information please contact your state insurance department. See contact information below.
Licensee must complete 24 hours of CE during their compliance period.
Effective December 20, 2017 Connecticut moved to birth month renewals instead of birth date.
License Renewal must be completed online. More information can be found here: Producer Renewal Information
Renewal Fee: $160
Late Renewal Fee: $320
The Online Renewal Notification is mailed to your resident address at least 60 days prior to your license expiration/birth date. You must renew online at www.nipr.com . You are eligible to renew 90 days prior to your expiration date. Continuing Education (CE) requirements must also be completed by the end of the birth month. There is no grace period.
Approved Course Delivery Methods
• Independent self-study online or written courses (passing grade of 70% required on final exam)
• Interactive Online
Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested 3rd party (i.e. someone with no business or family relationship to the student).
Course Subject Requirements
-At least 3 hours must be in Connecticut Insurance Laws and Regulations and/or Ethics. The remaining credit hours can be any type of credits.
-Producers who sell, solicit or negotiate Long Term Care insurance must be licensed for Accident and Health or Sickness or Life, and must complete a one-time 8-hour training course. In addition to the one-time training course, producers who sell LTC insurance must complete no less than 4 hours of ongoing LTC training every 24 months.
-Effective February 18, 2012 any producer with a life insurance license who desires to sell annuity products shall complete a one-time four credit training Annuity course.
Excess CE credit hours may not be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken more than once in each reporting period.
• Producers licensed for only travel or credit
• Non-resident agents are not required to complete continuing education in Connecticut. License compliance data is sent to the state of Connecticut directly, therefore, nonresidents no longer need to supply evidence of completion of continuing education in their home state.
Cape will submit your credit hours to Sircon and provide a course completion certificate to each student who successfully completes a course within 15 calendar days of the completion of the course. DO NOT SEND course completion certificates to Sircon or Prometric, they are provided for your personal records only.
Effective October 1, 2021:
40 hours for Life/Accident & Health License
40 hours for Property/Casualty License
20 hours for each Life, Accident & Health, Property, Casualty, or Personal Lines License
For more information: Connecticut Insurance Department
If you have any questions regarding renewal or credits, please contact:
Sircon - www.sircon.com
Connecticut Insurance Department
P.O. Box 816
Hartford, CT 06142-0816
Email address: email@example.com
Cape School, Inc.
P.O. Box 169
Buckingham, VA 23921
Or email us at below
• Knowledgeable Instructors
• No Final Exam
• Variety of Topics
• No Exam
• Weekday, Weekend, and Evening Webinars Available
• Counts as Classroom Credit
• Live Classes on your Computer
• Convenient, Easy, and Affordable
• Online, Video and Textbook Courses
• Take Courses on your Schedule
• Variety of Topics
No Test! Credits are Based on Attendance
• Localized Phone Numbers to Select from
• You may Participate or you may just Listen
• Participate from Anywhere you have Access to a Phone